This recipe is one of my favorites. For some reason it makes me feel something similar with a warm hug. It’s perfect for these colder days and also good for keep Vata dosha in balance during this season.
I love the contrast between tastes that I found into this recipe, it’s sweet, salty, spicy, creamy and warm.
It’s one of my classics in the kitchen, my own version of a veggie curry after I had tried some recipes from books and personalised it according to my likes.
I encourage you to try it at your home.
In my kitchen the spices are a must, and in this recipe I used:
– 1 tsp. Coconut oil
– 2 tsp. Ground ginger
– 3tsp. Diced Fresh ginger
– 3 tsp. Paprika
– 2 tsp. Cumin seeds
– 3tsp. Ground curry
– 2 tsp. Ground cayenne pepper
– 2 tsp. Ground coriander
– 2 tsp. Ground Cumin
For the rest of the recipe (2 servings):
– 1 Small head Cauliflower (broken into small florets)
– 1/2 Zucchini
– 150 g of White Mushrooms (sliced)
– 1/2 Sweet Onion (diced)
– 1 can of Coconut Milk
– Salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil with the cumin seeds and the fresh ginger over medium-high heat until the oil is melted, and the seeds are fragrant.
- Add in the rest of spices, the salt and pepper and the onion. Cook until the mix is tender and fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, cauliflower, zucchini and white mushrooms. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, and then sauce is thick and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
By separate prepare the chickpeas topping:
– 1/2 can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 1 tsp. Paprika
– 4 tsp. Tamari sauce
– 1 tsp. of Olive Oil
– Salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients and let marinated for 10 minutes. While Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the chickpeas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the chickpeas for 15-20 minutes. Roast, stirring the chickpeas or shaking regularly.
And as final touch:
– Lemon (you will need some drops and 2 slices)
– 1/4 cup minced Fresh coriander
Serve it together with basmati rice in a bowl. Adding some lemon drops and the chickpeas on as topping. Finish using fresh coriander and 1 slice of lemon on the top.